(Map) TIB Archangelsk map V 1.0

Agracier and Easy Rider
Thanks gentlemen - I shall try it all on tomorrow as it is now 2300 here, we just got home from a movie and my bed is calling.
Once again thanks for your responses and keep on modding.

EasyRider Wrote:I have the same forest issue,except it is on all my winter maps since installing this map.
I installed as per the installation directions.

Go into MODS/MapMods/Maps/_Tex and put a minus sign in front of the "Forest folder" that came with this map,
your forest will all go back to white snow covered tree's then.It is all the "LWood.tga's" that are doing it ,even on the stock maps if installed.

Easy

This is the stock Ardennes Winter map with the Forest folder loading from the Archangelsk map files
[Image: il2fb2009-09-2605-33-37-79.jpg]
O_M_F_G! This is amazing. What the.. is wrong! When we released beta Nobody had problems and now this! Map works perfectly with my 2 rigs. And the winter textures are M-bugs default textures that comes with AAA UI 1.1.
This thing needs deeper investigations. I will look it tonight and i will put this back to beta section for that time.

Does this error appears only when you use excellent setting or with perfect settings too?
I seldom use excellent anymore my self.
U have the AAA UI 1.1, don't you?
beta textures for winter ?

I'd also try looking up the fix to one of flushy's mods ... it escapes me which type of mod, but it had several bumph files too many in a folder, and that caused very odd looking geometrical shapes to appear - not these, but something similar.

I'd also try using different forest textures in your load.ini.

Just to see what happens, try these lines:

Wood0 = forest/summer/Wood0.tga
Wood1 = forest/summer/Wood1.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/Wood2.tga
Wood3 = forest/summer/Wood3.tga
Wood4 = forest/summer/Wood4.tga

You can't get anymore basic on forest textures than these ...

agracier Wrote:I'd also try looking up the fix to one of flushy's mods ... it escapes me which type of mod, but it had several bumph files too many in a folder, and that caused very odd looking geometrical shapes to appear - not these, but something similar.

I'd also try using different forest textures in your load.ini.

Just to see what happens, try these lines:

Wood0 = forest/summer/Wood0.tga
Wood1 = forest/summer/Wood1.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/Wood2.tga
Wood3 = forest/summer/Wood3.tga
Wood4 = forest/summer/Wood4.tga

You can't get anymore basic on forest textures than these ...
Yeh i remember that. it make some objects look like pink boxes. ..
Best thing is to go back to basic's and make default winter load.ini for those that have problems with M-bug ones. They must conflict with some new texture or what ever.
It still amazes that how on earth nobody stumbled to this at original beta stage :?:
At least is not actors.static problem. that would be hell!!

I just disabled the forest folder and the forests were back to normal,NP :wink:

I usually only run perfect settings but will check that and everything else (making sure I have all required textures),to make sure it is not on my end.
I seen Lejo post that pic and laughed because I just seen that flying on the stock ArdennesWinter map and wondered what was causing it.

I then loaded your map and same thing,disabled the forest folder and all was back to normal,maybe I don't have M-Bug textures or something.

will check it our and let you know

Easy

EasyRider Wrote:I just disabled the forest folder and the forests were back to normal,NP :wink:

I usually only run perfect settings but will check that and everything else (making sure I have all required textures),to make sure it is not on my end.
I seen Lejo post that pic and laughed because I just seen that flying on the stock ArdennesWinter map and wondered what was causing it.

I then loaded your map and same thing,disabled the forest folder and all was back to normal,maybe I don't have M-Bug textures or something.

will check it our and let you know

Easy
Please, do!
kapteeni

Yup, no MBug textures in my install,
I can't find them anywhere with the search or by trolling the site texture forum

Just luck really,I only downloaded it this morning and installed but went on the Arden. map in the QMB and noticed the black forest look
then I seen Lejo's pic lol

Anyone have a link to M Bug textures please ?

Easy

EasyRider Wrote:Yup, no MBug textures in my install,
I can't find them anywhere with the search or by trolling the site texture forum

Just luck really,I only downloaded it this morning and installed but went on the Arden. map in the QMB and noticed the black forest look
then I seen Lejo's pic lol

Anyone have a link to M Bug textures please ?

Easy
here you go:
viewtopic.php?t=10025

Thank you downloading now,I will install and check out the forests textures asap for you

Easy

Don't know what to say,I installed the textures from May_Bug's map
They were in my Land/summer folder and they did overwrite.

I can load the map in excellent and the forests are black
I CTD when I try loading this map with perfect settings,this is even with my BackUp Config which has worked always for any problem I have had.

I disable the Forest folder with a minus sighn,my game loads and the forests are wintry white with snow again.
No matter in excellent or perfect.

Not sure what is doing it myself,I tried S3TC and not using S3TC also

Easy

Agracier, your option as mentioned on page 2 using the Slovakia forest works without any problem. No black forest anymore. But in my opinion it is too green for the time of the year so I decided to use the forest load.ini by Gilb57's Normandy Winter Map. So now the Arganchelsk forest is snow covered and more pale green/greyish as you can see on the screenshot. I like it this way. 8)

[Image: a6e66aa6.jpg]

I don't know why we have the black forest in Archangelsk Winter 2, but (at least in my case) it doesn't have to do with Flushy's Cloud mod 'cause I have Bender's Cloud mod. And I play Perfect Mode and don't have any version of the Unified Installer. Still install everything manually.
I really don't know what causes the conflict. :???:

Your load does look much better.

Could you perhaps post the load.ini for this screenshot, as I don't seem to have the Normandy map you mention.

EasyRider Wrote:Don't know what to say,I installed the textures from May_Bug's map
They were in my Land/summer folder and they did overwrite.

I can load the map in excellent and the forests are black
I CTD when I try loading this map with perfect settings,this is even with my BackUp Config which has worked always for any problem I have had.

I disable the Forest folder with a minus sighn,my game loads and the forests are wintry white with snow again.
No matter in excellent or perfect.

Not sure what is doing it myself,I tried S3TC and not using S3TC also

Easy
This a mystery! It just can't be caused by Archangelsk map. We did not use anything but default AAA UI 1.1 textures for winter maps. Agraciers textures are for summer map and they are not even in same folder that winter forest textures.
Do you have Flushys bumbication mod? It did cause some weird things IIRC.
And if you think that Archangelsk map causes the problems, try to disable agraciers textures by renaming the folder _Tex/ag to ;ag . Did you reacently install any beta map with new forests? Or dlvConfused forest pack?
You can also remove the whole Archangelsk map from you system, if nothing else helps. Just delete ag_Archangelsk folder from Madmods/maps and also ag folder from _Tex folder. Also remove These lines from Madmod/maps/all.ini text file:
ag_Archangelsk ag_Archangelsk/load.ini
ag_Archangelsk_s ag_Archangelsk/load_s.ini
ag_Archangelsk_sdef ag_Archangelsk/load_sd.ini
ag_Archangelsk_w ag_Archangelsk/load_w.ini

One simple question: Did you check spelling? Or possible typos? (maybe a stupid question)
I just checked our files and i can't find anything wrong
I even made a new install with installer exe and manual install too and everything works like charm.

God, this is the last map i ever make!

kapteeni

agracier Wrote:Your load does look much better.

Could you perhaps post the load.ini for this screenshot, as I don't seem to have the Normandy map you mention.

Here is Gilb57's Winter Normandy forest load.ini (maybe Wood0 till 4 would be enough but I copy pasted all forest lines):
I didn't change anything else from your load.ini.

[WOOD]
Wood0 = forest/winter/GW_Wood.tga
Wood1 = forest/winter/GW_Wood.tga
Wood2 = forest/winter/GV_Wood2.tga
Wood3 = forest/winter/GW_Wood.tga
Wood4 = forest/winter/GW_Wood2.tga
WoodMask2 = forest/winter/WoodMask.tga
WoodMask3 = forest/winter/WoodMask2.tga
WoodMiniMasks = forest/winter/MiniMask.tga
SideWood = forest/winter/WoodSide.tga