(Map) TIB Archangelsk map V 1.0

I bet it has something to do with the forest textures LWood0.tga ...LWood4.tga ...

I got these from a texture library, where they were saved in jpg format. Since they were missing entirely in my install i then converted them to tga, put them in my forest/winter folder and apparently they worked quite fine on my and kapteenis installs, and on other testers as well.

Try deleting the LWood0/1/2/3/4.tga textures and see what happens.

They are supposed to be stock textures, contained in one of the older original maps.

Maybe there is a conflict between those of you who happen to have them in a map or sfs file somewhere and those of us who don't.

Hey Kap

don't let it get you down :wink:

like I said,I just disabled the Forest folder with the L_Woods textures and the map works fine for me Big Grin
what is strange is the L_Woods textures turns all my woods black even on stock IL2 Maps.

No big deal 8)

Easy

EasyRider Wrote:Hey Kap

don't let it get you down :wink:

like I said,I just disabled the Forest folder with the L_Woods textures and the map works fine for me Big Grin
what is strange is the L_Woods textures turns all my woods black even on stock IL2 Maps.

No big deal 8)

Easy
OK! I'm cool! I don't know better way to spend my saturday night than lookin errors from maps. My GF is also very happy with that!! :twisted:
seriously! I don't know what happened to your installations, but... if map works with AAA UI 1.1, it must be related to something else than this map.
Luckily it was not related to actors.static, because in that case i would had to exctract that with actors tools and look for newer objects than 1.1 there...
kapteeni

The map works fine for me ,I just don't use the L_Woods textures

thanks for the map

Easy

I tried out some forest versions for your Winter Archangelsk map:

Using GilB57's Winter Normandy forest:
[Image: a6e66aa6.jpg]

Using GilB57's Winter Murmansk forest:
[Image: 33dbbb95.jpg]

After deleting all of the Lwood textures from the forest map I have this forest:
[Image: 3ec4c2c9.jpg]

Kapteeni, another thing: a few pages ago you mentioned something about using a default winter version with water instead of ice: my experience with this is that after a plane crashes in water or when a rocket explodes in it you get craters and black smoke instead of a nice water splash. So it looks like water but behaves like ground. Just to let you know... :wink:

I'm using the [FIELDS] from Mbug_Slovakia_winter

[Image: il2fb2009-09-2614-38-22-55.jpg]

timholt Wrote:Agracier and Easy Rider
Thanks gentlemen - I shall try it all on tomorrow as it is now 2300 here, we just got home from a movie and my bed is calling.
Once again thanks for your responses and keep on modding.

Well I renamed my IL2 FB folder and tried to install 1946 but the Install option is still greyed out.
From the IL2 forum I have been told I need to delete all IL2 entries in the "Registry" and the DVD will allow a fresh install.
How to I access the "Regisry" to do this please?

timholt Wrote:
timholt Wrote:Agracier and Easy Rider
Thanks gentlemen - I shall try it all on tomorrow as it is now 2300 here, we just got home from a movie and my bed is calling.
Once again thanks for your responses and keep on modding.

Well I renamed my IL2 FB folder and tried to install 1946 but the Install option is still greyed out.
From the IL2 forum I have been told I need to delete all IL2 entries in the "Registry" and the DVD will allow a fresh install.
How to I access the "Regisry" to do this please?
You have to move All the IL2 Entries at Windows registry. I wouldn't recommend that if you are not familiar with that. Easiest way to make new install is
to rename MODS and files folders to something else and then install AAA UI 1.11. Or copy entire IL2 1946 folder to an other HDD. (Now you have extra version for testing and all your files are bakcupped) Then you can uninstall. Remember to delete all extra files from Ubisoft/IL 1946 folder after uninstalling. Then you can make fresh install. And this time, please give AAA UI 1.11 a change and life is much easier. And after install make backup copies at least files and MODS folder.
Hope that this helps!

We are talking about modded game here, so if you want to use mods, you will do it with your own risk.

And this is not a place to discuss about IL2 1946 technical problems in generally This is a map download section :wink:
kapteeni

Lejo Wrote:I tried out some forest versions for your Winter Archangelsk map:

Using GilB57's Winter Normandy forest:
[Image: a6e66aa6.jpg]

Using GilB57's Winter Murmansk forest:
[Image: 33dbbb95.jpg]

After deleting all of the Lwood textures from the forest map I have this forest:
[Image: 3ec4c2c9.jpg]

Kapteeni, another thing: a few pages ago you mentioned something about using a default winter version with water instead of ice: my experience with this is that after a plane crashes in water or when a rocket explodes in it you get craters and black smoke instead of a nice water splash. So it looks like water but behaves like ground. Just to let you know... :wink:
Our open water works like normal water. If you have other winter maps with land like water (craters and crashes) put these to load.ini:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = winter
MONTH=7
DECLIN = 50
PRESSURE = 745
TEMPERATURE = 25

Nice screenies!
kapteeni

I think I solved my problem, it was related to the auto installer, but also an easy fix. For some reason it inserted an extra line and some random text down near the VKG maps on my list. That didn't make sense to the game and it caused a 70% CTD at the load screen. Once I got rid of the random text in all.ini, it loaded all the way without problems.

Boosher Wrote:I think I solved my problem, it was related to the auto installer, but also an easy fix. For some reason it inserted an extra line and some random text down near the VKG maps on my list. That didn't make sense to the game and it caused a 70% CTD at the load screen. Once I got rid of the random text in all.ini, it loaded all the way without problems.
Do you mean Archangelsk autoinstaller (.exe)? I don't think so!
.exe contains only default all.ini plus Archangelsk load.iniConfused. Nothing else. It does not create random texts what so ever to all.ini file. But you never know what happens. Thats why i always backup my all.ini too. But anyways, good that you got maps working!
Kapteeni

yeah, auto installer can mess up your all.ini if it has been edited by some text editor which may leave bookmarks or other invisible format/edit stuff /leftovers...

anyways i have tested it on XP , Vista 32/64 and Win 7 32/64 ( all OS i had in last two years) and it works ok here ...

but boosher you've said your all.ini was ok , few posts ago .... or you have just checked out its location :???:

reg
Z

fly_zo Wrote:yeah, auto installer can mess up your all.ini if it has been edited by some text editor which may leave bookmarks or other invisible format/edit stuff /leftovers...

anyways i have tested it on XP , Vista 32/64 and Win 7 32/64 ( all OS i had in last two years) and it works ok here ...

but boosher you've said your all.ini was ok , few posts ago .... or you have just checked out its location :???:

reg
Z
About text editors: when you hit the space the ascii code is square box and that might cause some troubles also other special markings can show. That is true...
kapteeni

I thought it was. It was one of those things you can barely notice until you take a real close look at it. An extra "V." Well, now that the problem's taken care of we might as well delete the posts with my problem. It's only cluttering up the thread.

Edit: BTW - map is awesome!

Boosher Wrote:I thought it was. It was one of those things you can barely notice until you take a real close look at it. An extra "V." Well, now that the problem's taken care of we might as well delete the posts with my problem. It's only cluttering up the thread.

Edit: BTW - map is awesome!

not at all ... it may help someone else

glad you've sorted it out though

Z