[MOD] Hawaian islands map (beta) edit

FINALLY!!! This is great, thanks for this Sakai, and thanks to Porto for creating it.

Big Grin

The map is AWESOME !!

One of the best I've ever seen for Il2. Porto, you da man, Buddy! And thank to you, Saburo, for your priceless support not only for bringing up this map, but for all the other good things you're doing for this Community.

And the mission set by FabianFred is a must have one.

Keep 'em coming!

Carry on!

Had a real good look around this map now, the only thing I did not like was the use of the bridge plates to look like the sides of the docks in Pearl Harbour, it's a good idea to use them but they need to be lined up with each other a little better, at present they overlap too much in places and if you move them around a bit the "look" can be much improved. I can see you have tried to be accurate in the overall shapes but I think you can afford a little bit of artistic licence.

That said this really is a first class map in every respect, an amazing amount of detail. I'm staggered by just how much work has gone into this.

This is the best map produced for this sim so far, without exception. Many thanks to everyone involved.

I am getting the 70% load CTD. I must've installed something wrong I guess but i'm not sure what. I am using UI 1.1, do I need UI 1.2 for this?

It should work with 1.1, make sure that the objects are all in the right places, and the INI files for said objects are correct :wink:

Saburo Sakai Wrote:It should work with 1.1, make sure that the objects are all in the right places, and the INI files for said objects are correct :wink:

Yea I triple checked that they were. I don't usually have a problem with these sorts of installs, plus, your directions were great. I've needed an excuse to update to UI 1.2 and now that I don't have a backup for my mods folder, I guess I'll update. :wink:

Congratulations on this excellent map, i'm surprised to see only 4 pages of feedback as this map
is right up there with the best of them, give yourself a huge pat on the back as this map is very
much appreciated and thanks very much for all your hard work

Well I finally got it to work for me and I am glad I spent many hours reinstalling several times. This map is amazing! I just finished taking a C-47 around Oahu and I am thoroughly impressed, the attention to detail is amazing. I surprised this hasn't attracted more attention, this is definitely one of the best maps released for IL2. I'm hoping someone will develop an early pacific campaign starting with Pearl Harbor, that would be AMAZING! at least I would like it Tongue

This is great, thanks to those involved.

ziggy-22 Wrote:Congratulations on this excellent map, i'm surprised to see only 4 pages of feedback as this map
is right up there with the best of them, give yourself a huge pat on the back as this map is very
much appreciated and thanks very much for all your hard work

I am to chap, 400 downloads and only a couple of people have fed back on it, i can only assume that no one has had any problems, time for the "beta" to come off i think. Smile

Hi Saburo,

400 downloads in a couple of days is not too bad, I think. Big Grin
Let us wait if some more are interested!

I am leaving the downloads etc, i am just going to have it moved to the map downloads section and re name it without the beta Big Grin

Hey Porto....will any more work be done on the Pearl harbor ships too?

Hi fabianfred,

I would like to finish these ships properly. The LODs are not ready and some more other stuff too. Problem is, that I am not a 3D artist and I am learning to work with 3D-Programs by myself and this is very time consuming. Time that I cannot spend now! I asked for help, but nobody answered.
I am thinking about releasing them unfinished (at least you can bomb them and they will sink!).

porto72 Wrote:I am thinking about releasing them unfinished (at least you can bomb them and they will sink!).

Yes, please!!

Later, when they will be 100% finished we can just update them to the final version...
They are already looking cool as they appear in the pics you posted some time ago...

Big Grin

Asheshouse has just released his unfinished Destroyer of the Tribal Class...perhaps he would be interested.
The ship posted by Gibbage in your ships thread would be lovely too....Arizona or what?