[MOD] Hawaian islands map (beta) edit

Thanks for this long awaited maP!! Big Grin

Hi Saburo Big Grin
The map looks really sweet so far, I've just got an issue with not being able to save missions with it, which hasn't happened to me in a long time.
I used zipzapp's static checker tool, and found the following entries missing in my static:
buildings.Plate$AsphaltTurn
buildings.House$Bus_NAAFI
buildings.House$RAF_Bus
buildings.House$GuyOtterBr
buildings.House$US_Bus
buildings.House$GuyOtterBl

I've sorted out the first entry, the Plate$AsphaltTurn. Looks like that was just a mistake in my ini entry.
The other 5, I am unable to find what mods these objects might have come with.
Does anybody have any idea on where I might find these?

EDIT: Ok, never mind, I've found them with Fisneaky's extra vehicles. Problem should be resolved imminently.
Thanks again for the kick-ass map! Big Grin :wink:

Hi Bigbossmalone,

I would say, that you need to download and install the following mod:

viewtopic.php?t=4471&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=truck+bus+skins

Do you have this one?

Sweet mod! But I've only seen the screenshots since Pacific Fighters has no STD folder. Yes, I only have Pacific Fighters. Can someone help me with this? Thanx. Smile

asatlof; There is no way to mod Pacific Fighters. Look for a copy of Il2 Sturmovik 1946- it includes all of the content of PF and can be updated and modded.

Hi.

i'm starting inspection of this map in order to repaint it but i have a problem.

impossible to load in fmb, i have no missing object as i installed all as requested....it's just a problem of textures with load.ini. I don't have some of these textures, bob fields i think.

Porto could you send me a link with a file including all theses textures it would be faster than download all the missing maps.......or at least give me links for each map to download? There is a burma texture i think i don't have this map too.

Thanks.

BTW i will create new textures for the landscape but for cities/bases i think the best is just to repaint the file texture itself so it will keep the road topology : no need to populate it again as the work you did Porto is PERFECT !

hmmm, the concrete field tga that was the problem, should have been it the pack, the actual map was created with the UI 1.2 so if you have that installed there should not be any problem loading the fmb. this is a strange one.

give me a couple of days and i will pm you with a link for the textures, but remember, the file structure has to be done a certain way, so i will see what i can do.

Saburo Sakai Wrote:hmmm, the concrete field tga that was the problem, should have been it the pack, the actual map was created with the UI 1.2 so if you have that installed there should not be any problem loading the fmb. this is a strange one.

give me a couple of days and i will pm you with a link for the textures, but remember, the file structure has to be done a certain way, so i will see what i can do.

Ok thanks Saburo take your time.

You are right i don't have UI 1.2. Nor UI 1.0 as a prefer to chose by myself the mods :wink: .

I am getting a Java error when trying to load this map and the map will not load at all. Static ini checker shows all objects accounted for and in place. Any ideas?

Here is the errors I am getting in the FMB:

[Image: e1.jpg]

[Image: e2.jpg]

I'm getting a load error trying to load in HSFX 4.1, will not load at all. Is it compatible with HSFX 4.1? TC

Hi- from what I see in the FMB this is a really cool map- a bit bigger than the project I was trying, and it has the little island that's a historic weapons range too, so thanks especially for that Big Grin

Decent job in Diamond Head too 8)

Thanks

Triad

x

Hey I got it working well- heard a suggestion that CY6 had about his NKorea map editing the bldconf about removing a line called "builder.PlMisDestruction " (after making a backup of course). Took a wilde guess that it might work for this and it does Big Grin

Really liking it!

Can't wait for Redko to do his thing- it's great now, I'd think it will be simply breathtaking after he's done!

While I was doing research for my now abandoned project, I came across this little story about Kahoolawe
Operation Sailor Hat

Thanks

Cheers

Triad

Thanks again to Saburo and Porto for making this fine map!

I flew most of the chain and I have to say it looks great Big Grin

A shot from some fun with this map
http://www.triad773.com/2009/augustshot ... oolawe.jpg
Juicy, massed, targets!

Thanks - lov'n it!

Triad

I was having a great time indeed when my nVidia 9800 GT gave out Tongue I was in a Jeep driving across the Big Island of Hawaii when I started to get video issues.

Anyway,

I had a great old time as well in an L-5 Stimson taking off from the southern tip of the Big Island of Hawaii ( Morse Field )- but when setting that base for takeoff waypoint:
- aircraft either 'in water' on one end of the runway, or 'amongst brush textures enough to cause eruption of mechanical components Wink ' on the other end of the runway.

I tried using Test Runway 3 from Stationary Ships that were suitable for length, but when taxiing off after landing a collision typically ensued. It is okay for takeoff for anything up to an F9F Wink with the TR 3, otherwise an emergency landing strip as is in map.

Hope that helps the development some way.

Triad