HSFX Link

felix_the_fat Wrote:Hi guys
I've been away a bit, and missed all this. What on earth is HSFX ??? [of any number]
Can any one point me to how it got started? And do I need it? [I have UI 1.1 installed]
yours, felix
Patch the game to 4.09m using the official patches

4.08m patch http://patches.ubi.com/il2_1946/il2_1946_408m.exe

4.09m patch http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10276

Then apply th HSFX 4.1 mod pack --- http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight=

End result is IL2 v4.9m HSFX4.1 --- Fully modded with new aircraft and maps and server compliant.

Clean install 4.07 disk----4.08m patch----4.09m patch---HSFX-V 4.0-------HSFX-V 4.1

Confusedhoot:-----------408

Where is the best place to post for assistance with problems?

I believe I have everything installed correctly thru version 4.1 but I have couple problems that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere.

Like, the color of my menu panels has changed from blue to metalic gray and my briefing screen background is now tan colored. Are these the new colors or a problem?

Worse, when I try to play online in HL, the aircraft menu only shows the Axis planes and not any Allied ones (but does leave a large blank space available for them).

Anyone have any insight to these difficulties?

small bug. Me-323 is no longer flyable

Another bug: Ki-46 III Kai Otsu is no longer flyable

PE-8 no longer flyable

Upon further fumbling, I discovered that both the non-appearance of the Allied aircraft in the online HL aircraft selection screen and and the change in color of the menu selection panels and briefing backgrounds is caused by selecting the Hsfx History Mod option in the JSGME file in the IL-2 main folder.

The "Hidden Co-op Slots" feature is to allow only the aircraft of one side to be seen and flown online. But, there are suppose to be instructions in some readme file somewhere to choose which side and presumably other options when using it. I cannot find find where or even if the instructions exist.

Unselecting the Hsfx History Mod option is not feasible because all the new planes and maps become disabled.

Does anyone know where these "Hidden Co-op Slot" instructions can be found?

I am not too crazy about the metalic gray panels and tan briefing screen backgrounds. Can this be returned to the pleasant blue colors again when Hsfx Hostry Mod is selected in JSGME?

Flagman,
Do you have a file called " Hidden_coop_slot"
In your game folder????

Yes, I see it now and an attempt to explain how to use it in a file called "Hidden Co-op Slots Readme" in a folder called HSFX V4 Tools & Readme's".

Unforntunately, I can't make it work so I can select the red side planes from reading those instructions. As I understood it, I was to put the prefix "R_" before my name and it would show the Allied planes. It didn't.

I then tried the prefix "GB_" before my name and that didnt work either.

Can you tell me how it works?

And what would be the advantage of selecting "0" or "1" (however that is done) if one was going to have to leave the game in any event for not selecting the red or blue side (however that is done)?

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... odslotcoop
Read this post it will tell you all about it.
The file name is mod_slot_coop .
This is what was fixed in HSFX-V4.1

I thank you for the website referral but that site includes no explanation of how to use it whatsoever either.

I did figure it out on my own now, a process which would have taken several hours less if the author of the readme file would have written the following 2 sentences:

"In the Army_User.txt file, if the top line is an "R", the aircraft for the red side will appear. If the top line is a "B", the aircraft for the blue side will appear."

I can't say what is going to happen, if anything, if a "0" or "1" is placed on the top line as when I do that, the last side's aircraft that had been selected and appeared, seems to reappear.

So there it is - but why?

I have played this game mostly in coop missions online on HL almost daily since it first came out more than 5 years ago and have not heard of any particular dissatisfaction with the way the coop missions operated.

Most coop players select what side they are going to fly after they get into the mission and see what plane they like rather than pick the side to fly on before the mission is even loaded. Even the squads from one side or the other switch sides often. Only the newbees occasionally try to sneak a look at the brief of the other side and get a quick, sharp rebuke which keeps them from ever doing it again.

The fact that it is not "realistic" to know the type plane one might encounter prior to the flight doesn't seem to bother anybody. In fact, the players of most commonly type of missions flown seem to prefer it that way.

So I have my doubts that this new "choose your side before the mission starts" idea being forced on the coop players is going to be popular. That opinion at least intitally seems accurate as I currently don't see many, if any, HSFX coop missions being flown in HL at all. Only occasional stock 4.08m and 4.09m missions are currently being hosted. I won't host a HSFX one as I know it will take forever to get mission started because of the need to educate every newbee that shows up how to do it.

Perhaps making this a selectable option and not forcing it on the coop players would have been better.

And, perhaps too, it is a case where that old saying applies: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

skyomish Wrote:[quote=
Have you been over to the 242 HSFX site ? They address some of these things there. Take a look.
:shoot:---------------------------------4.08

Why should I have to go elsewhere for this information? Why is this information not at the AAA site? My understanding was that this was a joint, merged venture. This information should be put on all sites involved.

-)-MAILMAN-

Gents

We started a HSFX support forum to make life easy, please start using it and we will do our best to help.

viewforum.php?f=106

lol !

[Image: filefactory.jpg]

ok ive managed to download these freakin files via Rapidshare and Filefactory (thanks!); just to let some people know, these files dont directly patch your game to hsfx 4.1, but they generate a big file "HSFX_Version_4_1.EXE" which you must execute :wink: (it took me a few minutes to figure that out, i was wondering what this file was doing in my il2 folder.... :roll: )
ive made a little video last evening, after the install, its on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSBZs0veF4M

(background noises arent an hsfx mod, its from apocalypse now...)

Retro-Burn Wrote:
felix_the_fat Wrote:Hi guys
I've been away a bit, and missed all this. What on earth is HSFX ??? [of any number]
Can any one point me to how it got started? And do I need it? [I have UI 1.1 installed]
yours, felix
My interpretation on current pathways below and please, this isn't to scale. I may have missed some stuff.

AAA Mods (loosely based)

AAA UI 1.X --------------- HSFX ----------- Ultrapack ------- Fusionpack

Fusionpack will merge with Ultrapack

AAA UI merged with HSFX

HSFX 4.1 -------------------- Ultrapack

Ultra-AAA-HSFX-Fusion

Thanks for the offer of a clarification...but to me that is incomprehnsible. I've just read at the Acft MOD forum that to get the new Wellingon I will need the SAS buttons and/or UltraPack 1.8. This on top of, I guess, HSFX 4.1...or maybe on UI1.2. I've never heard of a fusionpack.

I thought things were going to get simpler with the UI 1.2/HSFX merge. :-?