witch midi cases?

Yeah, that's plenty of CPU speed. The GPU is more important for IL-2, are you talking GPU speed? Size of chache is very important next to speed of processing. However, software and internal instructions about a chip is another huge factor. This is why AMD and NVIDIA produce great IL-2 experience for less money. They really have their software support in the lead over Intel and ATI, though the later have faster clock speeds in their chips.

Fireskull Wrote:Yeah, that's plenty of CPU speed. The GPU is more important for IL-2, are you talking GPU speed? Size of chache is very important next to speed of processing. However, software and internal instructions about a chip is another huge factor. This is why AMD and NVIDIA produce great IL-2 experience for less money. They really have their software support in the lead over Intel and ATI, though the latter have faster clock speeds in their chips.

Yeh I agree there though I got a Sapphire (after stock cooling) HD4850 at the moment because it was best bang for buck when I bought it.
Every other card I have owned has been Nvidia though.

Even though its only a 4850 I've yet to find a game I can't run on max settings at 1920x1200 maybe I overclocked it a while ago and forgot.....
It's odd now that I think of it because it not top of the line or anything, could be down to the tweaking I do which is more "if I do this it will run faster" then actually knowing why.. I think the proper word is tinkering.

That's a deal, for sure, Aza.

Hey, Redarrows, do a search for the Saphire HD8450. Aza is on to something:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews ... 4850_dual/

Look at the specifications and see if they are good enough. I am sure this card will handle IL-2. If you need to save money and do not mind having less than the best, this could be it. Get the version with the extra cooling. The price is around $150.oo USA dollars, about half the cost of a Mid - range performer with only a bit less performance. It is a good value.

Fireskull Wrote:
redarrows2006 Wrote:
Fireskull Wrote:Are you thinking of top quality, or were you thinking of ordinary but good performance card? From the way it sounded, I thougtht that you were thinking middle range.

Hi Fireskull I am thinking of buying an card who is that you metion an performance card. What do you think i shall go for?
I only play IL-2 with mod :wink:

How much money do you have to spend on a card? 8)

I do not know exatly yeat but som 90-120 bucks this i have in mind http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/vi ... =3&id=3109 You think?

ATI Radeon HD 5670

The things that I like about this card is the DirectX 11, which you will need for Storm of War in a few months. If you get the 1 GB version, then you will be set for a couple years, at least. The Storm of War will probably run best in DirectX 11 with this level of card. Plus, it will let you run IL-2 very well.

If you can wait for NVIDIA to releae their volley of products for DirectX 11 this year, then you might get better performance for the dollar. If you feel that you can not wait, then I feel comfortable recommending this card.

Fireskull Wrote:ATI Radeon HD 5670

The things that I like about this card is the DirectX 11, which you will need for Storm of War in a few months. If you get the 1 GB version, then you will be set for a couple years, at least. The Storm of War will probably run best in DirectX with this level of card. Plus, it will let you run IL-2 very well.

If you can wait for NVIDIA to releae their volley of products for DirectX 11 this year, then you might get better performance for the dollar. If you feel that you can not wait, then I feel comfortable recommending this card.

Thanks m8. Then it is settle i buy it :wink:

Fine, that's good.

After you install the card and have any performance issues with IL-2, then you can let me know and I would be glad to help you tweak the thing.

Exciting, isn't it? Have fun!

Fireskull Wrote:Fine, that's good.

After you install the card and have any performance issues with IL-2, then you can let me know and I would be glad to help you tweak the thing.

Exciting, isn't it? Have fun!

Thx Inded mate Big Grin

Fireskull Wrote:That's a deal, for sure, Aza.

Hey, Redarrows, do a search for the Saphire HD8450. Aza is on to something:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews ... 4850_dual/

Look at the specifications and see if they are good enough. I am sure this card will handle IL-2. If you need to save money and do not mind having less than the best, this could be it. Get the version with the extra cooling. The price is around $150.oo USA dollars, about half the cost of a Mid - range performer with only a bit less performance. It is a good value.

Oh and I one thing you can do if you don't find this card pulling its weight anymore is get another one and crossfire it. I've yet to do this but I probably would have by now if I had some spare money but not because it doesn't pull its weight.

Yup,

Crossfire is easy to do, from what I have read. The HD 5670 is good enough for IL-2, for now.

Fireskull Wrote:Yup,

Crossfire is easy to do, from what I have read. The HD 5670 is good enough for IL-2, for now.
I havn't actually looked at any cards since the 4870 had just come out, so I'm sure but does the higher number (5670) mean it's better? or does the 5 mean the new range and the other number mean how good it is? or am I totally wrong..

Aza-Industries Wrote:

I havn't actually looked at any cards since the 4870 had just come out, so I'm sure but does the higher number (5670) mean it's better? or does the 5 mean the new range and the other number mean how good it is? or am I totally wrong..

No, not necessarily. The numbers that you want to compare are the clock speed ( Ghz ), memory chache ( MB ), memory speed ( usually Mhz ), and RAM ( get at least 3 or 4 GB ). Other things effect a chip's performance but I'll spare you the technical stuff.

It's bedtime for me, but if you post soon, I'll answer in a few minutes.

Fireskull Wrote:
Aza-Industries Wrote:

No, not necessarily. The numbers that you want to compare are the clock speed ( Ghz ), memory chache ( MB ), memory speed ( usually Mhz ), and RAM ( get at least 3 or 4 GB ). Other things effect a chip's performance but I'll spare you the technical stuff.

It's bedtime for me, but if you post soon, I'll answer in a few minutes.

ok.

Yeh if I was buying one I'd look at clock speeds, cache and other stuff but I was just wounding if the numbers gave it had anything to do with how good it was in comparison with other numbers.
Good night!

Yeah, it seems confusing to many people, but the chip makers and graphics card makers are doing targeted marketing. The identical chip could be rated differently in two different graphics cards. As far as CPUs, a model released later could actually have been intended for-say-a laptop. The thing may not have sold well in laptops, so they might have stuck it into something else and marketed it for another purpose. They can also change the statistics somewhat for different applications of the chip.

Fireskull Wrote:Yeah, it seems confusing to many people, but the chip makers and graphics card makers are doing targeted marketing. The identical chip could be rated differently in two different graphics cards. As far as CPUs, a model released later could actually have been intended for-say-a laptop. The thing may not have sold well in laptops, so they might have stuck it into something else and marketed it for another purpose. They can also change the statistics somewhat for different applications of the chip.

I'm pretty sure they do the same with power supplies, some of the same brand ones are all the same even though the packages and ratings are different. Heck I got a case stock 350W and it runs
- 4x1g stick of ram.
- E8400 running at 4ghz.
- 3 120mm case fans.
- 1 blue orb cooler.
- HD4850 overclocked to god knows what.
- 2 Hard drives
- 1 DVD-R
- and a few blue cold cathodes.

Not expecting a reply cause your probably gone. I'm just saying that Wattage is misleading.