Thread Closed

Modern Jet Fighters

[Image: 800px-F-100C_4mation_060905-F-1234S-064.jpg]

[Image: 800px-F7U-3M_Cutlass_Launches_from_Intre...1_1954.jpg]

Just a personal comment here... I don't really know that we should go much past this... In the early 1950's, we had these planes that became the basis of modern jets with new weapons, such as the AIM-7, being tested. We were pushing the envelope to get the F-86-NA and the Mig 15 fully operational in the sim and we are trying to make a fourty year jump, at minimum? Seems sketchy since there are so many aircraft that for the chosen era that haven't even been touched yet that are needed. Also, you're only making American planes. What are you dreaming of, pairing an F-16 with an A6M5? Look, I'm just saying that this may not be the best choice for the community with all things considered. Yeah, it is your prerogative to make whatever you want and I do respect that. I'm just wondering if these are the best planes to be making publically right now.

I'd say you're right about making a 40 year jump, but I'm glad we're making them. I think we can do this and keep it within the game's limits.

Obviously you do not know that Ensign Ro is one the most knowledgable modders in IL-2 today with regards to Java. Wink

Speaking for myself...No,not interested at all.I would prefer people do things like Deutschmark&Co (WW1 stuff,planes from 20's and 30's) If I want to fly modern jets,I have WoE(V,I) series or LOMAC series.
Its waste of time,its like inventing already invented things :roll:

Brano Wrote:Speaking for myself...No,not interested at all.I would prefer people do things like Deutschmark&Co (WW1 stuff,planes from 20's and 30's) If I want to fly modern jets,I have WoE(V,I) series or LOMAC series.
Its waste of time,its like inventing already invented things :roll:

So is what DM is doing.... Red Baron and ROF....

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:
themodeler Wrote:Obviously you do not know that Ensign Ro is one the most knowledgable modders in IL-2 today with regards to Java. Wink
Oh yeah I don't know anyone. Does he help you?

Of course Wink And UF Josse

Knopi, please give it a rest.

's far as I can see, there are only two naysayers currently, being knopi and european snake. For the record, this guy is NOTHING like owl, trust me I can tell. And his ip is entirely separate and all. Frankly, I wish you the best of luck, i hope you manage to pull it off magnificently! And then, if you do... :oops: cheeky, I know, I'm not keen on posting requests usually but.. Well, perhaps a panavia tornado in the future? Well, a guy can dream!

I love the new jets, the mig15s and 17s, the F86s, the F84s. Why not see how far we can get?

Servers have the ability to block aircraft on maps, right? If a mach 2.5 fighter jet with guided missiles breaks online play by being epic, it can be blocked from ww2 servers surely? And at the same time, no doubt there'll be free for alls, and mach 2.5 fighter jet only servers. I see no problem really.

Like I said, best of luck!

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole Wrote:Knopi, please give it a rest.

's far as I can see, there are only two naysayers currently, being knopi and european snake. For the record, this guy is NOTHING like owl, trust me I can tell. And his ip is entirely separate and all. Frankly, I wish you the best of luck, i hope you manage to pull it off magnificently! And then, if you do... :oops: cheeky, I know, I'm not keen on posting requests usually but.. Well, perhaps a panavia tornado in the future? Well, a guy can dream!

I love the new jets, the mig15s and 17s, the F86s, the F84s. Why not see how far we can get?

Servers have the ability to block aircraft on maps, right? If a mach 2.5 fighter jet with guided missiles breaks online play by being epic, it can be blocked from ww2 servers surely? And at the same time, no doubt there'll be free for alls, and mach 2.5 fighter jet only servers. I see no problem really.

Like I said, best of luck!

Well said Moggy

I'm not a naysayer, I'm just a bystander. I want to see what direction this heads... I hope for the best. God Speed, modeler. Get er' dun' and get er' dun' right. I have a good feeling about this one...

We've broken so many barriers in the past year... My only real concern is that we're skipping an entire generation of planes. However, I have sparked his interest in the Century Series, namely the F-104 Starfighter.

Hey modeller, looks cool. Be interesting to see if you can crack it. Any chance of an X-15? :lol: :wink:

looks nice, good luck

Well, they are very nice and all, but FMing this birds is IMPOSIBLE. Theres no way thoose planes are going to work on IL-2, plus whats the point of getting those planes in IL-2 when you have LOMAC. It's far more productive to spend youre time building a plane which can be flown in IL-2. The Junkers 86 for example or even better the Gloster Meteor which is an abandoned proyect.
I would rather see a plane which will work with IL-2 standarts than some modern jet fighter which will never be in game because it's FM is imposible to do.

Thats my opinion,

Cheerio!

Loht773 Wrote:Well, they are very nice and all, but FMing this birds is IMPOSIBLE. Theres no way thoose planes are going to work on IL-2, plus whats the point of getting those planes in IL-2 when you have LOMAC. It's far more productive to spend youre time building a plane which can be flown in IL-2. The Junkers 86 for example or even better the Gloster Meteor which is an abandoned proyect.
I would rather see a plane which will work with IL-2 standarts than some modern jet fighter which will never be in game because it's FM is imposible to do.

Thats my opinion,

Cheerio!

We're pretty sure that we can make the FM work accurately so long as we stay under 30,000ft, but it gets a bit strange above(still semi accurate).

Loht773 Wrote:because it's FM is imposible to do.

Why ?

hey guys remember that nothing is impossible it just needs figuring out and a lot of work... remember when you blew up when you hit mach 1? They solved that problem on the sabre...
Thread Closed