HSFX and ULTRAPACK

philip.ed Wrote:Dietz, I personally can't see any advantage as UP 2.01 includes HSFX so really you won't be gaining anything in this way....

Forgive me if this gets a little wordy...but...I downloaded & installed HFSX 4.1 first & it has all the mods , many new maps & many ( not all) of the new modded aircraft, that weren't originally included.In most ways it works just fine,with most of these new Mods tucked away in the Mods folder.It handles most of the campaigns just fine too,BUT some of the newer ones it refuses to load,,,these I can play on my Ultrapack install which has very few new Mods added to it ( really only effects & cockpit upgrades) no new maps 7 no new planes.
What I have tried to do in the past is find the simplest install that handles the most & is easiest to add things to.Obviously I got the hang of doing things in the HFSX install,but I'm not so sure to do things the same way in the UP version & if I decide that will be my default playing version , how can I easily put all the new maps & aircraft ( from HSFX) over to that UP version folder? Do I just copy the Mods folder from one place to another, or should I go through each Mod one at a time in the UP version & if so do I put the Mods in the MODs folder or in the various folders found up in the FILEs folder? Now bear with me...should I just stack the new effects into the JSGME utility?
It seems to me I should switch over to Ultrapack, but I'd like to do so in an efficient , sensible manner...without really mucking things up! :lol:

Some extra stuff is included in UP 2.01 than HSFX 4.1, and most of this is in sfs files so I don't know :-?

Its a matter of convenience as instead of having to unistall hsfx or make yet another copy which will take up even more hd space you can just go ahead and install right over your existing game but hey to each his own.

Hi, everyone

A suggestion from me is to consider waiting for the IL-2 Sturmorvik 1946 4.10m to be released and the community to publish there new things after that. From what I have read, a nice amount of 4.10m and modding community mods are going to be published, probably within a month, if not much sooner. Smile

This reminds me of when we go shopping and we want something nice that is available now, knowing that something better is coming soon. What a choice, huh? Smile

Wow so now I dont have top view all those comparisons YIPEEE!! Big Grin

philip.ed Wrote:I have 4 game installs; UI 1.2, HSFX 4.11, UP 2.01, and then a clean 4.09 install.
I use the latter for copy/pasting to make more installs when a new pack comes out Wink I have a 500GB external hard-drive and I use this to run the games from Big Grin

I did that too... I am about to delete my old HSFX install though and just keep the one UP with the switcher.. especially now that I know for sure that there is no difference in the HSFX files.. I have a stock 4.09m on my backup drive and whenever I need to reinstall I just copy it to my 46 folder and set up accordingly..

Hi guys!

I have one question. If I have separate Sturmovik installs, one with HSFX and one with UP, then how do I choose which one Hyperlobby starts when I want to play online?

Ghost Wrote:Hi guys!

I have one question. If I have separate Sturmovik installs, one with HSFX and one with UP, then how do I choose which one Hyperlobby starts when I want to play online?
Well, the way I used is to rename the il2fb.exe you don't want to use to make the hyperlobby search for the il2fb.exe.

Other way is to use the JSGME to enable only the hsfx mods.

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:

Well, the way I used is to rename the il2fb.exe you don't want to use to make the hyperlobby search for the il2fb.exe.

If you disconnect and then Control+Shift+Click connect you can enter the game path of the desired install as well.

colocam Wrote:
KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:

If you disconnect and then Control+Shift+Click connect you can enter the game path of the desired install as well.

you can also just right click on connect

Thank you very much all of you!