DCG Battle of Britain 1940 V1.2 (V1.3 for DBW)

Thanks, saf1 and happy landings!
I hope, Russ_ace get it also to work! :-?

HI
Downloaded and played only few missions (so far). I needed to adjust my DCG settings so that i could play without memory errors.Then i found this:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,6148.0.html
No crashes for me anymore!
OMG! Awesome work again Lonestar! You must have spend more than 2 weeks with this. Tongue
Any plans for MTO campaigns? 8)
kap

kapteeni Wrote:HI
Downloaded and played only few missions (so far). I needed to adjust my DCG settings so that i could play without memory errors.Then i found this:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,6148.0.html
No crashes for me anymore!
OMG! Awesome work again Lonestar! You must have spend more than 2 weeks with this. Tongue
Any plans for MTO campaigns? 8)
kap

Hi Kap!
Oh, I didnt saw that! Thanks for the link!
The modified 1.2 MB IL2.exe helped me to play the channel map!
MTO campaign, well, not really! I want to make a Philippines 41 campaign, maybe next month! Will see :roll:

I still can't use full settings for DCG, but at least i can play. I need a new rig ASAP... I use 1gig exe an perfect settings.
@Lonestar
About MTO: I'm planning to make some Africa DCG campaigns. Big Grin
kap

kapteeni Wrote:I still can't use full settings for DCG, but at least i can play. I need a new rig ASAP... I use 1gig exe an perfect settings.
@Lonestar
kap

That are good news!
BTW, you ask, how long I need to make this campaign!
1 week, but dont look to close on the road traffic! Its the pure chaos! :lol:
Lucky, that I didnt need ground vehicles for this campaign!

Ok aside that now I got it working now the game playes for about 14 min and then goes into stopped responding and I have to alt tab out and kill it.

Ok tried the exe 1200mb and still getting il2.exe has stopped responding.
Don't know what to do I'm running this in up2.1.

GF_Mastiff Wrote:Ok aside that now I got it working now the game playes for about 14 min and then goes into stopped responding and I have to alt tab out and kill it.

I think that it is memory issue. Try to edit DCG settings. I have sparse for aircraft density and moderate for columns and static objects. It helped me!
I have old athlon dualcore 5200 + Nvidia 9500 512 and winx pro.
And if that does not help, try excellent settings for IL2 Quality.
Hope that this helps!
S!
kap

GF_Mastiff Wrote:Ok aside that now I got it working now the game playes for about 14 min and then goes into stopped responding and I have to alt tab out and kill it.

additional tipp from me:
When you reduced the Squadron and column density, open "endcampaign.dcg" file with the editor and reduce the procent numbers for all sub- campaigns!

Example for Squadron density=moderate

[Bob1]
Campaign=Battle_of_Britain
EndDate=11/08/1940
Victor=Red
[Bob1]
Sunk=Tanker0 50%
Victor=Blue
[Bob2]
EndDate=23/08/1940
Victor=Red
[Bob2]
Destroy=ZIS5_PC 50%
Victor=Blue
[Bob3]
EndDate=06/09/1940
Victor=Red
[Bob3]
Destroy=ZIS5_PC 50%
Victor=Blue
[Bob4]
EndDate=29/10/1940
Victor=Red
[Bob4]
Destroy=ZIS5_PC 50%
Victor=Blue

ok got it to work all I did was reinstall up2.1 with the online installer and it worked.

Played one mission with the luft and came home alive with 2 kills.

my system is this

Asus P6T i7x920, ocz 6gb 1333 gold, GTX 285 1.2gb,Win7x64, 1000w silverstone moduler PSU, trk ir 4 pro irclip, creative labs extrme 7.1 gamer.

Still I see the game running over 70% of my ram. Wow!
Thank you for the campaign. Big Grin

kapteeni Wrote:I still can't use full settings for DCG, but at least i can play. I need a new rig ASAP... I use 1gig exe an perfect settings.
@Lonestar
kap

That`s good news kap. What map will it be? Will the community be able to download it?

Sorry, The updates are a little bit by bit, but that should be the last!

Changes 1.2:
1.I have added two more locals (Harwich_Docks and Southend_on_sea_Docks) mainly important for the first subcampaign, so that more missions should generated by DCG in the north of the map!
2. Added more static objects/ships for the first sub-campaign, so that "Protect Airfield" missions are reduced to minimum for the German side!
3. He-111s will no more used for anti-ship missions! (low effectivity)
4. Changed anti-ship payload for Fw-200!
5. Removed static Objects from airfields in the 3rd subcampaign, which are already been attacked in the 2nd sub-campaign!
6. Reduced Flak in the 4th sub-campaign!

ok what happened I installed this one and now i press on load and nothing happens?

GF_Mastiff Wrote:ok what happened I installed this one and now i press on load and nothing happens?

Hi,
First, uncheck the DCG "Files" option "Optional Third Party Data Folder"!
Delete the old third party folder of this campaign and place the new one in it!
Then check "Optional Third Party Data Folder" and choose the "allcampaigns.dcg" of the 1.2 Version!
Close DCG and start IL-2 to play a new campaign!
You dont need to change anything in the "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder, if you have before the old version installed!
I didnt changed anything to the class.dcg or important files!

Hope it helps!

Lonestar Wrote:
GF_Mastiff Wrote:ok what happened I installed this one and now i press on load and nothing happens?

Hi,
First, uncheck the DCG "Files" option "Optional Third Party Data Folder"!
Delete the old third party folder of this campaign and place the new one in it!
Then check "Optional Third Party Data Folder" and choose the "allcampaigns.dcg" of the 1.2 Version!
Close DCG and start IL-2 to play a new campaign!
You dont need to change anything in the "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder, if you have before the old version installed!
I didnt changed anything to the class.dcg or important files!

Hope it helps!

I can't get this campaign to load also. I have to admit that I can't understand some parts of the install instructions.. What/Where is the "old third party folder of this campaign"? Where is it, what is the name of the folder???

In DCG files, select Game version, there is no 4.09. Is that important?

Doolittle81 Wrote:I can't get this campaign to load also. I have to admit that I can't understand some parts of the install instructions.. What/Where is the "old third party folder of this campaign"? Where is it, what is the name of the folder???

In DCG files, select Game version, there is no 4.09. Is that important?

Hi,
You have Il-2 1946, right? Then choose "IL-2 Forgotten Battles 1946"!
I have made a small guide about installing a 3rd party campaign:
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...9174d40d90