New desert textures.

Stunning.

:?:

Great Big Grin

Keep it up :mrgreen:

Planemad

rustydawg Wrote:redko, your Desert maps look terrific,

I'm doing South East Arizona, Between Tucson, AZ and Deming, New Mexico, and north around Willcox, AZ and as far south as Douglas, AZ.

There was allot of US Army Airbases in this area for training in WWII.

When you get these Desert Maps out could I please use some of your textures for my Arizona map?

They would be perfect for this area.

This area was about as deserted, in WWII, as most of your maps show.

Best regards,

rustydawg

I guys. I have been working a lot so sorry to be late for answer.

Actually the project is to make about 60 desert textures, or more, for map makers. I will release it for free, for all map makers. They will be allowed to used them, edit them like change the colour, the size...all....like you wish. No need to ask permission, those textures will really be free. There will be rocky textures, sandy, dusty, sediments, lava, salt.....

The stock desert maps will be repainted by me. The pack of desert textures will be released separatly for the community.

It's an interresting map project that you have here. I was planning to make a White Sands map, as i'm fan of deserts, and white deserts specially. I found some nice desert textures on US territory, i will add that to this desert texture pack i'm doing. So follow the thread here or at sas, i will give links for download soon. Smile

Some more pics today.
This should be the last serie of pics before release.

Ok.
This should be the last serie of pics before release, i just need to do some couple of things in the south part of the map and add sea airfields.

[Image: 4911989067_c99d86145a_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912594096_03740cc1c5_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911989489_9f0ed437e2_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911989873_708a87b014_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912594944_2cc941ede7_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911990297_cdf4e2a56d_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912595578_59da89f5ec_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911990927_a3dd6ec129_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911991127_ea92f31ef8_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912596320_da1af661cd_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911991597_d67cf57ed4_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912596836_7cbf435943_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912597096_8951c6a075_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911992413_b284cb57d5_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912597840_72761dd06f_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912598512_dd1ec5eb15_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911993937_d1b74f38c3_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912598994_aeca57661d_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911994317_5bb96f2f56_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912600090_d2007c55c7_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911995265_f5d28b9cbc_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912600426_c7ce4213da_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911995677_4c090be304_b.jpg]

[Image: 4911995835_798eb4f285_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912601372_1b6b8e4f2b_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912601802_56d294b889_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912602104_684ba1da85_b.jpg]

[Image: 4912599126_946dd52988_b.jpg]

Exemple of "water painting". Desert_online is not the best map for that. Mto will be more interresting. So the idea is to use the shallow water technic but in a lighter way, just enough to make change a little the colour of water surface, and make seas more realistic.
[Image: 4911997331_56560de216_b.jpg]

m8

You do realize that you will be responsible for the deaths of many pilots once you've released your textures? It'll be hard as hell to keep ones head on a swivel because we'll be so drawn in with soaking up these beutiful textures that checking six will be a forgotten reflex. Big Grin

Other than that, all I can say is "WOW"!

Cheers.

Thank You very much for the free release of your textures. I'll be sure to mention you if I ever upload a Map.

Those screen shots are amazing. Your bringing 'IL-2 Sturmovik 1946' to a new level.

Best regards,

rustydawg

Sheer awesomeness

MASTERFUL!

I'm pretty speechless...
kap

Absolutely fantastic!!

Actually reminds me of being back in Iraq.

S!

Redko,

I have a couple requests.

In the images, it looks like the stock MTO map for online, at least in general. I would love to have a copy of the completed map of your version, if that is the case, even if its only for my private use and maybe movie making. Could you release this to me or make it available to the public? It just happens that your work topped one of my favorite maps for flying and making missions. You surpassed my previous favorite desert map, for sure. Yours is the best!

This leads me to the big question.

Could you make a fairly detailed map of the El Alamein region? This would be my top choice for a desert map. Both the First Battle of El Alamein and the Second Battle of El Alamein saw much air combat operation. We need a great El Alamein map which includes enough coastline to be able to make missions which are focused further west, such as Tobruk which was the center of a couple big battles. Both Benghazi and Tobruk were targets of Allied strategic bombing with the Axis trying to intercept them.

With this scope of map, then the events leading to El Alamein and afterward could be included in missions and campaigns. Given the fact that a variety of Axis and Allied aircraft, ground forces, and ships were involved, an El Alamein map with your textures would be a hallmark of IL-2.

How do you feel about this?

AFAIK redko has revamped ALL stock desert maps and intends to release them very shortly, with may be a set of alternate textures for us to choose from :lol:

I have ready Colour Backgrounds for this beauty in sony vegas, ready and waiting Smile

Fireskull Wrote:Redko,

I have a couple requests.

In the images, it looks like the stock MTO map for online, at least in general. I would love to have a copy of the completed map of your version, if that is the case, even if its only for my private use and maybe movie making. Could you release this to me or make it available to the public? It just happens that your work topped one of my favorite maps for flying and making missions. You surpassed my previous favorite desert map, for sure. Yours is the best!

This leads me to the big question.

Could you make a fairly detailed map of the El Alamein region? This would be my top choice for a desert map. Both the First Battle of El Alamein and the Second Battle of El Alamein saw much air combat operation. We need a great El Alamein map which includes enough coastline to be able to make missions which are focused further west, such as Tobruk which was the center of a couple big battles. Both Benghazi and Tobruk were targets of Allied strategic bombing with the Axis trying to intercept them.

With this scope of map, then the events leading to El Alamein and afterward could be included in missions and campaigns. Given the fact that a variety of Axis and Allied aircraft, ground forces, and ships were involved, an El Alamein map with your textures would be a hallmark of IL-2.

How do you feel about this?

No the pics and any of the videos i made to present these new desert textures used Mto. It's only Desert_Online map. I think that what is misleading people is the textures, they make appear this tiny map much bigger than what you all allready have. I aslo completly remain the terrain elevation....it helps to make the confusion. In part you are right, this new Desert_Online is closing more to Mto...so just imagine what Mto could be with those new textures Wink

But Mto and Sands of time are coming. These 3 stock maps will be released soon. Desert_Online is finished since last week end. I'm just testing on it a couple of this i will need for Mto map.

These 3 maps are the 1rst part of the project. The second part is a set of textures, about 60-80, free for all mapmakers. so if mapmakers would like to use it for their own map, this would be possible.

The first video desert texture test was using Bada's Lybia map. I will not release that map. Iim working on it just to test and create these new textures, same thing for Sinai map.

About El Alamein, are you really need a new one? I think Viking's one is pretty enough. Camapins can use both Bada and Viking map....well even is viking's map is much superior to bada's in term of textures. If a new map of that sector is needed, well i could work to texture it. But i don't have the time to make it entirely by myself. I could image this as a collective effort. Guys like Kapteeni or Agracier could bild the map, i could do the rest for the textures.

Does this answer to your questions? Or are you speaking about another map you wan't me to release ?

Cheers