Thread Closed

F-86J V0.09 Discussion

Very interesting work. Thank you!
But there are some problems with the front landing gear:
(Google translation)

[Image: fa2281d670dft.jpg] [Image: 7b32da41bf9ct.jpg] [Image: c9f9b4932d8bt.jpg]

Can be dangerous Big Grin
[Image: 4e2d2ef06af4t.jpg]

For me, if the rocket or that bomb on the screen, my game is lagging az hell D:

SHUN Wrote:there are some problems with the front landing gear
Seen that before but unfortunately cannot find the thread again.
Anyway, this was a known issue for some very early XF-86 mod installations.
I guess you didn't follow the installation instructions precisely. You need either Ultrapack 2.01 or HSFX installed, or you need to download and install the F-86/MiG package at SAS. The F-86J mod relies on those installation and doesn't change anything on them except for the inner wing hardpoints, so we can bar this issue being caused by the J mod.

Dinosbacsi Wrote:For me, if the rocket or that bomb on the screen, my game is lagging az hell D:
:?:
I don't really get what you want to tell us here, but rest assured that if you follow the installation instructions, everything will work fine as it did for many many other users before.
One thing which is for sure is that at the moment of impact the nuke bomb will cause lag on low-end systems. That's due to the mass of damaged statics i.e. if you drop the bomb in an area with many static actors around. This particularly comes true with effects mods installed. This is self-evident and cannot be changed, sorry.

Best regards - Mike

Not the explosin lagging. The whole game is lagging when that rocket or that bomb is on teh screen. Like, in QMB I change the "Default" loadout to that rocket, the game starts lagging.
I have enoughtly good PC for the game, I can run it with "Perfect" settings without problem.
So, why the rocket and the bomb makes lagg for me? D:

As I stated before I have a blast with this on my HSFX modded version. I was able to get the peter I believe is the name sabre and Mig pack to work on my 4.10 with SAS Mod enabler but if I try to install this it crashes at 60%. I used the trouble shooter which is recommended on SAS and still no joy Sad Is this Beta Mod just not compatible with the 4.10? SASmodact 2.5b ?? Just curious if im waisting my time? Thanx for any input.

The F-86J Beta 0.09 isn't compatible with 4.10m yet.
Sorry but I've got no idea about your problem, Dinosbacsi. The only thing I can tell for sure is that this problem isn't related to this mod in general since it is working for many other users with 4.09m flawlessly.

Best regards - Mike

Storebror Wrote:The F-86J Beta 0.09 isn't compatible with 4.10m yet.
Sorry but I've got no idea about your problem, Dinosbacsi. The only thing I can tell for sure is that this problem isn't related to this mod in general since it is working for many other users with 4.09m flawlessly.

Best regards - Mike

No mate it works wonderfully ~S~ I was just trying to get it to work with my 4.10 Thats all. Wonderfull mod and I love it. I have multiple installations on my PC with no issues on any. Just love it so much kinda was hoping there would be an answer for 4.10 Thats all.
Thanx for rapid response and I wait patiently for when I can have it on my 4.10...Keep up the awesome work!!

~S~ Reap

I just stopped by to say thank you for making a great mod. I'm running HSFX and it works fine - I love the sidewinder and lock-on tones.

Reap Wrote:was hoping there would be an answer for 4.10
Theoretically there's an approach available at http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 842.0.html
However this special DiffFM mod is meant to be used for 4.09m mods only, hence if you install it, your 4.10m mod aircraft will likely crash.
I wouldn't recommend to try this version with 4.10m at the moment.
For the time being, work on the F-86J is kind of halted since I'm contributing to the SAS 1956 Jets package, which will include all that nice stuff as well, together with a lot of additional things. That package also contains a completely new and vastly improved version of the missile code, so I'd rather suggest to stand by and wait for the SAS 1956 package to be released.

Best regards - Mike

CooooooL Beans!!
I will wait with anticipation and again thanks for the response Mike.

~S~ Reap

Where'd you find that lock tone? I really want to replace that annoying growl with the [time period inaccurate] BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP and then the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... for the actual lock. See the movie "Top Gun" for more info.

DalekBen Wrote:Where'd you find that lock tone? I really want to replace that annoying growl with the [time period inaccurate] BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP and then the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... for the actual lock. See the movie "Top Gun" for more info.
I guess you don't realize that the growl is STILL in use and "Top Gun" is fake.

US_GRANT Wrote:
DalekBen Wrote:Where'd you find that lock tone? I really want to replace that annoying growl with the [time period inaccurate] BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP and then the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... for the actual lock. See the movie "Top Gun" for more info.
I guess you don't realize that the growl is STILL in use and "Top Gun" is fake.

No, I realize that. But I like the beep tone a little better. I'm not looking for realism here.

The sound files are included in the download. If you know how to edit them, then you should be able to replace the sounds.

US_GRANT Wrote:The sound files are included in the download. If you know how to edit them, then you should be able to replace the sounds.

Right, I just can't find a sound. I guess I'll just have to make one Big Grin
Thread Closed