Pilotenkneipe "Kirchturm 11"

Hi Jambo,

"You're right"! Smile

Das Spiel gegen die U.S.A. war ganz bestimmt nicht so "gut" wie dieses in den Medien dargestellt wurde.

Das Spiel alleine betrachtet, also unabhängig vom Ergebnis, möchte ich behaupten:

Dieses Spiel steckte voller Unzulänglichkeiten und Fehler und war aus diesem Grunde so richtig SCH...E!

Gruß, Gerhard

In Ordnung Männer!

Let's Rock'en Roll!

"Haut den Argentiner die Steaks aus den Rippen!" :twisted: :mrgreen:

Jambo :Smile)

Hallo Leute,

Viel Glück für diesen Abend !!!!!

Ted

SCHLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND !!!!!!!

Viel Spass für diese Nacht Leute !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Merci beaucoup Ted! :lol:

It is amazing and I still need time to believe it! :Smile)

"We are the Champions, we are the .... :mrgreen: :lol:

Congrats to this team! 8)

Jambo :wink:

So, I do like to share my thoughts a bit, even in English here.

Nowadays are so many aircraft simulations available, and so many good ones - I can't remember a time with such a diversity.
From Kitty Hawk down to this day....

I took a few minutes and looked at old pictures from IL2, from 2001 till today.
And what really, all of a sudden astonished me, was the fact of how many people spend their precious time
and much more to create such an amazing simulation.
You must be a government to be able to pay for all this work!

And it makes me quite sad to think that IL2 is dead or dying?
I honestly don't believe that. I don't know why, but for me IL2 is the best simulation of all times.
And I quite humble can say I flew them all from the late 70's till today...
Just when I look at a few planes, I'm happy to see them and I just want to jump into a cockpit and fly around for an hour or two.
Mods - to and fro. But I'm a huge fan of the histomod I have to admit!

Just my thoughts from the few last seconds....

What do you think, if I may ask?

Have a seat and a drink and share your thoughts!

Jambo :Smile)

Hallo Jambo,

noch ist IL-2 nicht tot, noch lange nicht!

Auch heute noch kommen beinahe jeden Tag neue Mods und andere Kleinigkeiten heraus um IL-2 noch besser und/ oder schöner zu machen!

Lass' den Kopf nicht hängen sondern schaue Dich etwas um.

Gruß, Gerhard Smile

A modable game does not die its a fact, it may louse a lot of people from when it started to its late life but to be dead, NO!
Case in point;
CFS2 and 3 modable games still people make things for them and play them.
Red Baron 3D modable game still people play it.
Strike Fighters 1 and 2 and First Eagles modable games still people make things for them and play them.
I could go on with more but I think you get the idea, a modable game has a very loooong life.

Deutschmark

I agree with you DM,

I am just sorry that Business men choose another strategy which I will call pay per view, for simulation. IL2 was a real commercial success, and I am not sure if ROF, BOS or COD will earn as many money as IL2 did.

For me it is better to get a complete moddable sim with a lot of abilities, more than 90 flyable planes... different theaters of operation... than one which will only focus on a battle so you will not have so much planes to fly and the variety of missions will not be as huge as in IL2.

I regret in BOS you can't fly Ju52 (there is no Ju52 btw!) and this plane did so much for the german troops during the battle.

Ted

Well, guten Morgen, good morning and bonjour, Gentlemen! Big Grin

You may take a seat and have a good cup of coffee or tea with me?

Gerhard, danke schön und lass ich nicht! :Smile)
"Gerhard, thank you and I won't"

I did not say IL2 is dead. Or I didn't meant that, as it might sounds. Excuse my bad English grammar. :wink:
I said I don't believe that. And I truly don't! It just seems so quiet around IL2...
I still have a lot of the mods too. And most of them are running just fine.
Like perhaps many of you, I'm waiting patiently for the new HistoMod too.

I watched a "couple" of films at youtube made from and about IL2, DCS, ROF, BOS and many many others.
I do like the most of them very much, they're usually very well produced.

But when I saw one about or from IL2, I'm getting home sick! :lol:
Yes, I do think IL2 is something very special.

And Ted, yap it is "pay per plane". :roll:
And you might spend a lot of money. I'm just thinking of DCS or RoF.
Like a lot of things, they're two point of views to consider.
With IL2, I did pay a couple of updates and add-ons and so on too.
It must be at least around 200,- Euros to think about it.

With RoF and DCS I'm not sure, but very similar.
One very good point to think positively about this, is to know at least they're working on it
when you buy a new plane... or at least you can hope! :lol:

What I really don't like, is to pay for all those add-ons, like instruments and guns and stuff!
That should be free for everybody!

So, just my two cents. Back to work Gentlemen and thank you very much for being my guests!

Jambo Big Grin

Hello Jambo,

nice to read that you're thinking positiv...! Big Grin

And yes, to pay for each part separately I also hate!

My P-51R (Guitar-Racer) :wink:

[Image: m9ef3ude7637.jpg]

Regards to all my (old) friends here on AAS,

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard, so you're a "Köllche Jung"!? :Smile)
And you're playing some guitar! Just like Deutschmark! Smile
A hell of a lot of advertising, I have to say. Any German pilot will get blind! :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:
Looks good though!

By the way, we are still in a German Kneipe and of cource anybody can "talk" German here!
And for Ted even in French! Even so I won't understand a bit... :mrgreen: :wink:

Alright, and again. Like to invite anybody around to have a drink and a little bit of a smalltalk if you like.

Let me tell you a little story, just right from my very life, if I may?

I use to work in the IT and quite a few times it did happened, that a computer of a friend, family, customer or whomever
had a problem and nothing seems to work anymore. So I came by, had a look and did nothing, just sat down - had a look - talked to
the computer, like: "Oh what a good boy or girl!" fondled it once or twice, switched it on and: Voilà, it would start and everything was just fine!

Those faces and looks of the people around - awe and intangible. :lol:
And it made me something into an idiot or wizard. You may choose one! :mrgreen:
They always started to ask what I was doing, what did I done, and so on..
and my answer was always - just a smile! :Smile)

You know the reason, I'm sure!

Even I didn't know why, it just worked. And in all those years I really learned to be patient and give it time....

A reason why I'm telling you this is: for a couple of weeks or even months now, my computer is playing tricks on me - and this one knows me really good! :-?
For what-so-ever reason my computer stops working, just like "that's it" and that's it. My keyboard freezes, my mouse is dead as well, the monitor and computer is on
and nothing goes anymore. After I turned the power off and on again, it starts like nothing happend. Only the event viewer shows that the system start because of a
power problem. I changed the power supply twice already - up to a 1,200 watt platinum part.

And I really tried any trick and knowledge I know and knew. No, not all. I didn't install my operating system new!
I really don't want to do that. I takes me days to install everything from scratch.
My RAM is ok, my graphics card is fine, all the drivers are up-to-date....

I've rather got the suspicion, that it might got something to do with an BIOS update I did quite a while ago.
I've got an Asus P6X58D-E motherboard (at least around 4 years old) and I did just one update of that Bios.
The settings I had to do again, because the old once where gone.
So I did this in the most careful manner for my hardware - and everything did and is working good, as far as I know!
But something is not working a 100% correct.

Just this morning my computer stopped working again.... :roll:

Does anybody around might have an idea? 8)

Coffee - Tea all on me! Even a beer if you like! :Smile)

Thanks for listing to my story!

Jambo :wink:

Hallo Jambo !!

I will drink with you a few bears, and whiskeys if you want ;o)

I am pretty sure that your computer was jealous of all the kind words that you usually say to your wife, and it wanted to listen to you speaking with it with this words Tongue :wink: :lol: :?:

Die nächste Runde geht auf mich ;o)

Ted

Ted, my friend,

thank you very much indeed for your kind words! :Smile)

À ta santé Ted! And thank you again for that very good whisky of yours! :lol:

Jambo Big Grin

Joh Jambo,

isch bin 'ne kölsche Jung, wat willste maache,

isch bin 'ne kölsche Jung un dun jän laache,

isch bin och süns nit schläch, nä isch bin brav,

ming Lieblingswödsche es: Kölle Alaaf... Big Grin

Yes, I'm a guitar & bass freak since 45 years (like the BASSMAN Deutschmark)!

Here in this case I've wrote in english so everybody can read here what's going on - that's all. Idea

The P-51R now is a little bit reworked...:

[Image: qdl3y7laqla1.jpg]

Regards, Gerhard Big Grin