Water in conf.ini wont save :(

The link is in russian and when I donwload something, It's a video and it's dont working. It's normal?
If it's normal, I just have to change water=1 to water=4 in directX?

My computer:

[Image: 66530789.png]

I put OpenGL.
[Image: 65700304.png]
I change in conf.ini
[Image: 20177359.png]
I put read-only

In-game, the forest are very annoying and the cloud look strange too with the line inside. The water doesn't change.

DIRECTX conf.ini
[Image: 77515890.png]

In-game, it's look better, but I don't have smoke shadow.

Yes, the site is in Russian click the link wait 10 seconds, you will get 2 buttons one in red color and
one in green, push the red one an download the file "CarsmasterWater v.3 14 beta ( NOT compatible OLC Water V2).rar"
8.3 Мb, still i don't think it will solve your water problem! (please read my previous answer carefully)the picture you have posted shows nothing about your graphic card!In win7 you have to right click on my computer icon on desktop then choose properties, it will appear a new window in the left side choose "Device Manager" in Device Manager window choose "Display Adapters" and expand with + sign in the left, under Display Adapters, to get information about your graphic card, maybe you have to update your cards driver! if your card is "Intel GMA 4500MHD" well there is not so good reviews about that.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graph...883.0.html
maybe your card can't handle the il2 graphic as good as more advanced cards can! therefor you can't run the game in excellent
level.

[Image: 46925960.png]

PS:

I need ultrapack or HSFX mods to install mods?
When I try to install mods just with JSGME, it doesn't work. I extract to mod folder in the MODS folder in 1946 and I have disable-enable, I enable the mods, and nothing in the game. ---- With "Water splash" and "crash plane smoke". I think I need UP3, but I can't install "water splash" and "crash plane smoke" at the same times. It's said that I have already a folder called file and a folder called effect in the two.

How to install the .rar mods like water=4 or crater f iv (I don't know if it work with 4.10.1m)?
- When I click on the .rar, it's open windows media player and I have an error message. It's a mods or a movie?

I found that I need button from SAS: http://dangerdogz.com/forums/tutorials/ ... ll-part-1/

It's that ok to start installing mods.
[Image: 66134205.png]

My mods: (can you help me step by step --- Yes, There is topic to help people like me, but I read them and I don't find how to do. It's just say to install JSGME...)
[Image: 15393184.png]

nic1 Wrote:PS:

I need ultrapack or HSFX mods to install mods?
When I try to install mods just with JSGME, it doesn't work. I extract to mod folder in the MODS folder in 1946 and I have disable-enable, I enable the mods, and nothing in the game. ---- With "Water splash" and "crash plane smoke". I think I need UP3, but I can't install "water splash" and "crash plane smoke" at the same times. It's said that I have already a folder called file and a folder called effect in the two.

How to install the .rar mods like water=4 or crater f iv (I don't know if it work with 4.10.1m)?
- When I click on the .rar, it's open windows media player and I have an error message. It's a mods or a movie?
I neither run 4.10.1m! or UP3! but i know that many old mods for 4.09m special those with hashed java class files like(64F83BC6574C11DE) don't work with 4.10m or 4.10.1m! to open .rar archive files you can use winrar
Arrow http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm download according with your windows version.

nic1 Wrote:I found that I need button from SAS: http://dangerdogz.com/forums/tutorials/ ... ll-part-1/

It's that ok to start installing mods.

My mods: (can you help me step by step --- Yes, There is topic to help people like me, but I read them and I don't find how to do. It's just say to install JSGME...)
Well, if you want to run 4.10.1m do as they explain there! SAS buttons file are compressed files, Either rar or in 7zip format, i see from your pics that you use them as you downloaded them (.7z) format, in that way they will not work! you have to decompress them with 7zip Arrowhttp://www.7-zip.org/download.html download according your windows version. if it doesn't work for you it mean that you have done something wrong, check the steps again and test until it works.

I download what you said and I have that:
PS: I can't open water=4 or crater f iv because it's open with windows media. I have to redownload them?

[Image: 51118792.png]
[Image: 32409669.png]

What I have to do now? What's the next step?

Hi, nic

7Z is free and it will open just about any archived or compressed file. The buttons in 7Z are self-explaining, but post if you have any problems with it. Smile

Fireskul

I think it's too difficult to install mods for me. I'm not a pro and it's the first time I want to intall a mods in this game. I will wait to have a better PC to run Cliffs of Dover.
Why it's not like the other game when installing mods is easy like : You download - You install - You play?

I just wanted to have better visual but It's too difficult jsut for that. You, you do that all time and it's easy for you, but my I'm a teen and I don't understand what to do... Sad
Whatever, I will see you in hyperlobby if you play or I will try to download UP3.0 just to see if it work better, but if not, I will stop downloading things for this game. I download some mods for BF1942 and it's just install the mods directly in the game and I can play...

THX for your help and it was appreciated :wink:

EDIT: I tried Water=4, but it didn't work. I modified my conf.ini and put my game in water=4 and hardwareshader=1, but it didn't change. The strange things it's that install the mods in the game folder, but NOTHING. The same things with the crater. The crater looks good in the picture.

Crater f iv:
[Image: newcrater.jpg]
Whatever, I will try UP3 this weekend or I will stop.

Take the time to read some of the links the guys have given you on modding,maybe that would help.It's really pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

The UltraPack 3 RC is fairly easy. The SAS Mods Activator (Special Aircraft Service) is another easy one. Once you get a few more techniques, then you will be adding mods and it will be easy for you, too. This is true for all the modding systems, such as HSFX Mod Pack.

Be sure to go to the ones who made a mod and ask the authors for help directly.

:wink:

Fireskull

Do yoou have a link to download the SAS mod activator?

SAS mod activator is another mods activator than JSGME like I have and there is the instruction?
When I download the SAS mod activator (for 4.10.1) I can put every mods I want into the game?

THX Fireskull and all people who help me. Big Grin

--------
The bad thing in that is that Th!rdeye is not logged since 1 year and I just want to know if it smoke mods work with 4.10. Sad
I just want a realistic smoke mods and water doesn't work (I try to change all setting in my conf.ini and it's did nothing) I think I don't have the laptop for that. I need an ALIENWARE LAPTOP... LOL
I don't want to download HSFX or UP3, because It will take about 1 month for me (I have a very poor internet) and it's in 40... parts. Confusedhock: WITH MY LAPTOP= :OO
+ I think that if I install HSFX sometimes on my laptop, It will delete all the campain I did. NO? YES? If I install HSFX, I will be able to enable-disable HSFX or I have to use my backup?

nic1 Wrote:Do yoou have a link to download the SAS mod activator?

SAS mod activator is another mods activator than JSGME like I have and there is the instruction?
When I download the SAS mod activator (for 4.10.1) I can put every mods I want into the game?

--------
The bad thing in that is that Th!rdeye is not logged since 1 year and I just want to know if it smoke mods work with 4.10. Sad
I just want a realistic smoke mods and water doesn't work (I try to change all setting in my conf.ini and it's did nothing) I think I don't have the laptop for that. I need an ALIENWARE LAPTOP... LOL
I don't want to download HSFX or UP3, because It will take about 1 month for me (I have a very poor internet) and it's in 40... parts. Confusedhock: WITH MY LAPTOP= :OO
+ I think that if I install HSFX sometimes on my laptop, It will delete all the campain I did. NO? YES? If I install HSFX, I will be able to enable-disable HSFX or I have to use my backup?

Hi, Nic

First, do not mix modding systems on a single installation of IL-2 1946.

Second, you should probably decide which system to get based on what mods that you want to try. ( Many are only 4.09 compatible and others are only 4.101 compatible, with some mods that are compatible with both 4.09 and 4.101)

Third, effects mods, such as the nice smoke mod that you want are often only compatible with one specific patch of IL-2, though a few exeptions exist.

Fourth, as written before this, you should ask the modder who created the mod or inquire at the website which hosts the mod pack or mod for best advice.

SAS Mod Activator latest version is for IL-2 version 4.101, but you could get the 4.09 version only for a 4.09 compatible mod.
The HSFX and the UltraPack mod packs allow for easy adding of mods after you practice a few times.

Get help from the modders! Smile Send a Private Message, if you can.

Fireskull

Fireskull Wrote:
nic1 Wrote:Do yoou have a link to download the SAS mod activator?

--------

Hi, Nic

First, do not mix modding systems on a single installation of IL-2 1946.

Second, you should probably decide which system to get based on what mods that you want to try. ( Many are only 4.09 compatible and others are only 4.101 compatible, with some mods that are compatible with both 4.09 and 4.101)

Third, effects mods, such as the nice smoke mod that you want are often only compatible with one specific patch of IL-2, though a few exeptions exist.

Fourth, as written before this, you should ask the modder who created the mod or inquire at the website which hosts the mod pack or mod for best advice.

SAS Mod Activator latest version is for IL-2 version 4.101, but you could get the 4.09 version only for a 4.09 compatible mod.
The HSFX and the UltraPack mod packs allow for easy adding of mods after you practice a few times.

Get help from the modders! Smile Send a Private Message, if you can.

Fireskull

His this the good activator. http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 382.0.html
I don't find the SAS activator 4.10.1 on here site.
I download the winrar to read .rar file, but I can't read .rar file. I can do something wrong, but I installed the winrar and I have strange book (new icon of folder?), but the .rar file didn't change and it's only open file with Windows Media Players. I can't watch the video, because it's compressed. ------ It's for water=4 (I want to know if it will change my water)

Watch my picture 3-4 post before.

THX

PS: Do you think it will work if I delete conf.ini to create another one when starting the game? Or what about "run as administrator" the game to change conf.ini?