Resolution Help

Ok, I moved the folder and was able to change the conf. to what all of you are suggesting.

But it didn't do anything in game, the screen is still the same.

I even changed the resolution to match my screen and it didn't change anything at all.

The only thing I changed was the "save aspect."
This is currently what my conf shows:

[il2]
title=Il2-Sturmovik Forgotten Battles
hotkeys=HotKey game

[window]
width=1600
height=1200
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=0
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

Is this one of the standard resolutions for your install of windows 7? You may need to create a "custom resolution" in windows for it to work. Try using the same resolution as your desktop just to see if it works.

I don't know if you use Ecran- wide mode if you did and you still get black bars you may have other problems. but Il2 as default doesn't support wide screen! and you have to edit some class files to do it compatible with wide screen support!(it is done in Ecran- wide mode) otherwise you will have vertical black bars.
You have to do as you done with your config.ini ( just add width and height you don't need to change SaveAspect=0 to SaveAspect=1) change EnableClose=0 to EnableClose=1 and install Ecran-wide mode if you didn't.

T.A.,

You moved your install out of Programs Files (x.86). That is good. You changed conf.ini to SaveAspect=0. That is good.

But I am confused by some of your statements:

Quote:I have Win7.
After I upgraded to 4.10.1 It seems I can't play IL2 set to the resolution I used to.

4.10.1 has no bearing on displays. When you installed 4.10.1 your conf.ini reverted to default.

Quote:the only difference between my computer now and when the picture was fine is the monitor.

You got a new monitor then ?

Quote:They are different style wide screens, but the first is more stretched thin width ways.

Quote:And this monitor ran IL2 before with a different computer that was XP, not Win7.

But now you say everything was good with XP and the same monitor ?

Suggested reading:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 4681042939

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 7111009546

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... show&kid=5

When I went to Win 7 and my first new flatscreen monitor (16:10 ratio), I had to change my conf.ini to:

[window]
width=1400
height=1050
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

The 16:10 ratio is not ideal and gives me a mildly distorted picture (and no black bars); I didn't know better when I bought it. A 16:9 ratio is ideal.

I chose 1400 x 1050 resolution because I like to see things bigger :mrgreen:

My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1200.

Here's a chart of resolutions

[Image: screenresolutions.jpg]

Good luck ! I'm sure its frustrating for you.

Well here is a less confusing timeline:
- I had a WinXP machine with this 1920x1200 monitor. ---- No problems, IL2 picture filled my monitor, I also had HSFX installed though. I also had more resolution options in the game, where I could choose a width of 1920 and a height greater than 1200, and it would allow me to scroll up and down on the menus. (BTW, never had a problem with filling the screen before HSFX either).

- Next my XP machine died. Had a new computer built using Win7. The monitor used while it was being built and set up, and that I used to first play IL2 4.10.1m on this new computer was a wide screen HD monitor it had a wider screen proportion wise than my wide screen at home. I also hooked up a secondary square shaped monitor.

- Got everything installed and working correctly there, Il2 4.10.1m played fine and filled the screen.

- I brought it home and plugged in my higher widescreen and my secondary square shaped monitor.

-Turned on IL1 4.10.1m and I now had the black bars and the square picture, and the largest resolution option in game is the 1600x1200 .

:roll:
EDIT:
This is some weird Voodoo stuff...

I just copied my Ubisoft folder that is in my program files x86 folder to regular program files, and a problem I was having other than this one, (sound seems to be super quiet in game), and now my sound in game is working. I wasn't going to tackle this one until i fixed the other. Though now I can't connect to an online server, and my internet works..... MAN!

Get your shotguns out boys and stick with 'em 'till the bitter, bloody, end... of Windows XP!!!

BTW,

Changing what it says in the conf does nothing to the game at all. When I first opened it the resolution was actually different than the game setting, and when I changed it and 0'ed the other settings, the resolution stay the same in game.