Installation

nic1,

a piece of advice I may give you?

Don't open to many threads/post in the forum, concerning basically one problem. Yourself might get lost!

First - forget all the mods for now!
You need a working IL-2, version 4.09m or 4.10m or 4.10.1m depending the mod you like to install - later!!
For that you must read through this: IL2 Modding Community
There you'll find links to all the most common mods out there.

But first read this: IL-2 Patch Central

If you like you can visit the forums mentioned in the first link. You have to choose one at the end - or if you hard-disk permits (with a lot of empty space)
you can install two, three or even all of them! 8)

Therefore, as I mentioned before - you should copy your original Installation of IL-2 to another folder, call it i.e.: IL-2 HSFX or IL-2 UP3.0 or IL-2 HistoMod, depending what you like
and there you install the corresponding mod! But you must read their "readme" first!! Always :!:

But back to first - patch your original IL-2 to version 4.10 or 4.10.1m (depending as well what mod do you like - read the "readme") keep this original version of IL-2 like a treasure - do not touch!
And with that the hole world of the mods is open!

Again - you have to read a lot! Please understand that people wrote a lot - everywhere - explaining how to do things!
They put a lot of their time, much blood, sweat and even sometimes tears in it! !S

Please don't expect them to do it all over again! It is all here!

When you done your part - we all gladly help you to the next step/level... Smile

Roger?

Jambo :wink: