Terrain lighting enhanced; small mod

cool 8)

another great one from Avala ....

cheers
Z

Beautiful screens !!

Avala, one question...does it work only for openGL settings,
or is it also working with DX settings?

I'm asking, 'couse I'm using HDR&Bloom Extention (you have posted) in online Mode.

Many THX

Looks great! How do I edit these parameters? I opened the file and got a Microsoft Access file but no info to edit...

Right click, openwith, Wordpad.

Enjoy

My files are Microsoft Access shortcuts which do not have an 'open with option' when I right click the file. When I open the file it is open as a MS Access file with no data in it.

Do I need a particular program to edit the files? :?

This is an interesting mod! Maybe it can help in a matter which bothered me always in il2: when you fly in the late afternoon the landscape looks quite nice in the sun direction, but it looks rather dull in the opposite direction. Don't know maybe changing these parameters might help?

Could someone please explain how to open these files? I have microsoft access but the files will still not open Gaaaaaa! :?

Start notepad or wordpad and just open with one of them the file.

charlie19 Wrote:Could someone please explain how to open these files? I have microsoft access but the files will still not open Gaaaaaa! :?

charlie19 Wrote:Could someone please explain how to open these files? I have microsoft access but the files will still not open Gaaaaaa! :?

open any folder .....folder options....file types.....find and select desired extension.....click change button..... assign wordpad or notepad

cheers
Z

renmik Wrote:Beautiful screens !!

Avala, one question...does it work only for openGL settings,
or is it also working with DX settings?

I'm asking, 'couse I'm using HDR&Bloom Extention (you have posted) in online Mode.

Many THX

I didn’t try yet, but I think it works with DirectX also.

Good news is that it can be assigned for each map (as Bee noticed long time ago) maybe our map moders can use it somehow. Maybe for increasing bump mapping on maps?

sHr had put into 6DoF 2.0 mod a shortcut for modifying options within the game... couldn't this mod also have such a key shortcut? So people could adjust the settings for different maps on the fly... maybe a way of saving the presets in "users\doe" folder?

Thank you avala just some problem for me:

1) files can only be opened with microsoft acess and I've grey screen into the window of the program so 8no possibility of look into/change parameters
2) I've Vp Media Mapmods and it created a equal folder called _Tex AND into it there are jet 2 files named "cloudshadows" and "landlight " (microsoft acess files) then I ask how i can add your mod or what if I remove Vp ones ?

falco Wrote:1) files can only be opened with microsoft acess and I've grey screen into the window of the program so 8no possibility of look into/change parameters
There's no such file that can be opened "only" in one application. There's always a way to open a file with a text editor though the results may vary.

These two files are actually ordinary text files but they have been saved with a custom extension.

Do not doubleclick the file.

Instead, open Notepad (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad), then within Notepad go File -> Open, change the Types of Files from Text to All Files, navigate to the folder containing Avala's two files and voila!

Thank you Radoye, now i can open themSmile but still I'm worried about contrast between Vpmedia -tex files ?? what to do?

Thx for this , getting some interesting results (with custom sun.tga)

[Image: pbyLT2.gif]