NEEDS LINK- LYBIA N-E aka Tobruk

Sandbag Wrote:Absolutely love this map! Is it 1:1 scale?

Yes!

Maraz

Wots your next map going to be?

1/1 scale:

+/- 550 km wide
[Image: Egypt_map_h.jpg]

hmmm. I see an El Quattara depression there... :wink:

Just wanted to stop and say how much I appreciate this map that you've made, Bada.

I've been working on 6 June 1942 @ Bir Hachiem coop/single mission which has taken me to the fort for many days. It's a pleasure to work on a map that's 1:1 witth an exact outline of the great fort. Because you have the terrain correct I now understand why the 90th Light attacked from the South East and south on this day.

With the addition of the "desert" textured objects in LA_Rone's great new mod, this is an increidble map to work with.

When I finish this I might actually attempt a "Cauldron" reconstruction.

Thanks

Gunny

Yes, this is a SUPER map. I myself is working on a Operation Battleaxe campaign using this one.

No comments. Simply the best map. Thank you very much.

What a fine work! It is such a pleasure to fly around in your North African sky...

Thx a lot Bada.

Super map! Very nice work!

I have started work on a series of campaigns using this map. The first one is ready to be downloaded. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=9718

JV69_BADA Wrote:1/1 scale:

+/- 550 km wide

Great news !!!!

Wow.. that new map goes from Fuka to Alexandria!.. we now have the majority of North Africa to plan our campaigns in.. just great stuff!

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:You have called this map LYBIA (maybe you had a reason to do this), but the correct spelling of the country is Libya.

He's right! lol!

Doesn't that depend on your own countries language and interpretation??.. for example, ask an englishman to spell Africa, and then ask a German to spell it.. Mmmm

... he he must be a top notch work when they have nothing to bi*ch about except for language

Z

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin cherry-piking
from page2:
"about the name: the spelling depend on your main language, Lybia can be spelled libya,libja,libie,lybie,etc... just as tobruk can be spelled tobrouch,tobruch,tobrouk,tobruk,etc...
all those places have different translations depending on the country that made the translation.
Look at the names on the map, there are actually 4different languages for the cities names on the map Even between the english and the americans maps,there were differencies in those names!
Of course, the right names for this period should be italians-ones"